Anything is possible
heart transplant, inspirational story, organ transplant, motivational story, kidney transplant
I would like to share one of the review on Strength in a Heartbeat, Diary of a Heart Transplant. Everyone that took the time to write a review. "THANK YOU VERY MUCH." Reviews are so important on any product, people base most of their decision on customer reviews. You can find all reviews on the Amazon site, click button below.
"THANK YOU SO MUCH"
REVIEW: "This book shows the love a Mother has for her child and that she will do anything for her that is in her power! It is hard to imagine the daily, weekly and monthly struggles they all went through. I hope everyone that might be in this situation can get comfort from this book and knowing they are not alone. God Bless Lauren, her Mother and Family for the strength they endured. Be an organ donor, it does save lives❤️"
Thank you for giving me today, to be able to wake up in my home. Thank you for allowing me to make plans for the day. Thank you for keeping my family safe during the night. Don't know what my day might entail, but keeping me strong to be able handle what life throw at me. I am ready to embrace the day, with love and kindness. Thank you for today.
1 Living one day at a time has become a true statement in our lives. Every morning when I wake up I feel blessed to be at home, to be able to make a cup of coffee and enjoy it in my jammies. To me, that is the best feeling. I do not take that simple act for granted, it's a blessing. Then I wonder what will my day entail. I look at my calendar book, see what appointments we may have for the day. Love to see nothing in that block for the day, I can then plan the day around what needs to be done in the house.
When my daughter Lauren was very sick this past June, the doctors are calling it a Heart Shock. When have now found out her heart at this point hasn't recovered as they expected it to. The doctor's during that time started the process of the possibility of re-listing Lauren on the heart transplant list. We all had high hopes that her heart will recover in time. At our last appointment we were told Lauren's heart hasn't recovered like we all wished it had. With that said, they are moving forward with all the appropriate tests to be completed so that they can present to the board to find out if Lauren will be approved to be placed on the heart transplant list again.
If you have read my book Strength in a Heartbeat, Diary of a Heart Transplant then you know you just don't get placed. It is a gift to be accepted, then the long waiting begins.
I say to myself "I can't do that again", but I know we don't have a choice in this matter. Lauren is scared and is working hard to keep this heart strong with hopes that it will recover, which it could, but the doctors are moving forward just incase.
So now we just live our lives one day at a time. Every day is a blessing to make it a great day. In a blink it could be taken away.
If you would like to read our story living in the hospital on the heart transplant list go to
my home page, it is selling on Amazon. Strength in a Heartbeat, Diary of a Heart Transplant.
The Natural Himalayan Salt Rock, is a beautiful glow of soft light. Not only does it look great in your home but read all the benefits it brings, I have mine.
1. Salt Lamps Cleanse & Deodorize the AirProbably the most well-known benefit – and why the majority of people use them – is due to their incredible power to remove dust, pollen, cigarette smoke, and other contaminants from the air. “But how do they do this,” you ask? “It’s just a big chunk of salt with a light bulb inside, right?”
Well yes, but no. There’s much more to it than that.
Himalayan salt lamps purify air through the power of hygroscopy, meaning that they attract water molecules from the surrounding environment then absorb those molecules – as well as any foreign particles they may be carrying – into the salt crystal. As the HPS lamp warms up from the heat produced by the light bulb inside, that same water then evaporates back into the air and the trapped particles of dust, pollen, smoke, etc remain locked in the salt.
2. Reduce Allergy & Asthma Symptoms Because Himalayan salt lamps remove microscopic particles of dust, pet dander, mold, mildew and the like from the surrounding air, placing a lamp or two in the rooms where you spend the most time can seriously cut back on allergy symptoms. Even people who suffer from asthma should notice a big difference after a week or two. (In fact, Himalayan pink salt is so good for your airways, there are even HPS Inhalers!)
3. Eases Coughing When the Himalayan salt lamp heats up and begins its hygroscopic cycling of airborne particles, it also changes the charge of the molecules which are released. (Remember our chemistry lesson?) The majority of homes are filled with positively charged ions which aren’t particularly good for a person’s health. The positive ions are created by a number of things, but the primary source for most of us is from our electronics.
One of the health detriments of breathing lots of positive ions in the air is that the cilia (microscopic hairs) which line the trachea (aka: windpipe) become sluggish and don’t work as well to keep contaminants out of our lungs. As a Himalayan pink salt lamp absorbs water and particles from the air, it also takes positive ions with them. Then, when the heated salt releases cleansed water vapor back into the air, it also expels negative ions which have the opposite effect on our airways – increasing cilial activity to keep your lungs clear.
What all this means in a nut shell: Besides removing contaminants from the air, Himalayan pink salt lamps also help your body to filter air more efficiently so any foreign particles you do happen to breathe won’t make it into your lungs.
4. Increase Energy LevelsTaking a drive through the countryside with the windows down, spending time at the beach or camping in the mountains, or simply taking a shower first thing in the morning are all things that many people find invigorating. It’s not a coincidence that these are all activities which expose us to increased concentrations of negative ions such as those generated by Himalayan salt lamps. The fact is, positive ions sap our bodies of energy. Unfortunately, it’s all too common for us to try to diagnose the problem as something else entirely.
If you constantly feel tired and don’t know why, try keeping a Himalayan salt lamp in the room or rooms where you spend the most time. After about a week, you should notice a difference.
5. Neutralize Electromagnetic RadiationNowadays, most of us are living in a metaphorical ocean of electromagnetic (EM) radiation which flows from our electronics (ie: television, computer, cell phone, tablet, appliances, sterio, etc). While they may be invisible, the long-term effects of EM exposure can be quite serious. Constant exposure to EM radiation is known to increase stress levels, cause chronic fatigue, and decrease the body’s immune response, among other things.
As they emit negative ions into the air, Himalayan salt lamps work to neutralize electromagnetic radiation. Keep one next to the computer, television, and any other electrical devices which you use frequently to reduce the potential danger to you and your family.
6. Better SleepAnother side effect which results from over-exposure to positive ions in the air is that it robs you of quality sleep. This happens because those positively-charged particles can actually reduce blood and oxygen supply to the brain resulting in irregular sleep patterns. Himalayan pink salt lamps are natural negative ion generators, thus they can help to reverse this problem. Keep one or two around your bedroom to improve the air quality so you can get a better night’s sleep.
Remember, even if you’re like me and you can’t sleep unless the room is totally dark, you can always turn the lamp off at bedtime. Just leave it on for the rest of the day so it can do its work while you’re awake. People in humid climates should be aware that HPS lamps tend to weep when the salt becomes cool. You’ll definitely want to protect surfaces by placing a saucer underneath and be sure to follow the instructions for use and care which should be included with your lamp!
7. Improve Mood & ConcentrationHimalayan pink salt lamps are a great way to naturally enhance your mood or to help you relax and unwind at the end of the day. At the same time and on the opposite side of the coin, HPS lamps are great for improving concentration. Again, this is due to the effect of the negative ions on your body, improving blood and oxygen supply to the brain and other organs, as well as providing a boost of serotonin – the neurotransmitter which makes us (literally) feel happy.
8. Treat Seasonal Affective DisorderIn addition to generating negative ions which improve mood and energy levels, the soft, natural light given off by a Himalayan pink salt lamp is close enough to the warm glow of sunshine that they can even be used to relieve the symptoms of Seasonal Affective Disorder. This year when the days get shorter, fight back the lethargy by surrounding yourself with a few HPS lamps set on timers.
9. Reduce Static Electricity in the AirWhile not a “health benefit” at first glance, static is pesky stuff. It causes stress, embarrassment, and frustration. Static zaps you when you least expect it, as you’re reaching for a door handle, kissing your husband or wife before bed, or trying to pet your dog or cat. Static can give you a bad hair day, make it impossible to clean crumbs or coffee grounds off of the kitchen counter, and even cause you to accidentally go to work with a sock stuck to the back of your shirt…
(Okay, so that last one may have been a little over-the-top.) The point is, static electricity can be a huge pain and Himalayan pink salt lamps are a natural way to neutralize the airborne ionized particles which cause it.
10. Environmentally-Friendly Light SourceLast, but not least: Himalayan pink salt lamps are environmentally friendly. While only an estimate, the reserves from which HPS is mined measure somewhere between 80 and 600 million tons and is projected to last for at least another 350 years at the current extraction rate. The base of an HPS lamp is generally carved from a sustainable wood such as neem. Some lamps use a low-wattage bulb which consumes very little energy while others are powered by a lit candle.
You see this saying everywhere. You read it, and think, ok I got this. Whatever you may be dealing with, this verse tells us we are strong enough. You hope to God, you can believe it. Then you ask yourself "why was I picked to have to be strong in life".
When I think about this, I start to think about people I know. Family members, friends and people I just met here at the hospital, we all have our own obstacles in life.
I have been in the hospital this time with my daughter for six days. Lauren has undergone gallbladder removal surgery with no complications. We were blessed. The surgeons came by today and cleared her, told us she could go home from their stand point, We still have to be cleared from the heart transplant team. On Friday morning Lauren is having a MRI done on her heart and if everything looks good, we can pack our bags and go HOME.
Since being here, I have had so many different emotions. Fear being the number one and most prominent emotion. You never know what could happen during or after surgery. My insides were like jelly, but on the outside a strong presence. Lauren was scared, so I needed to be her cheerleader and rock to reassure her she will be fine. I only had so much in me this time, so I guess I was given only enough that I can handle.
I met a gentleman yesterday, his daughter (about the same age as Lauren) has been in the hospital for two weeks now. She has cancer. When we were talking tears were rolling down his face, he told me he would trade places with her in a heartbeat, this was his baby. I know that feeling oh so well. He told me he was so thankful they lived in Rhode Island to be able to be here in this hospital. I had to agree with him. People come here from all across the country, just to have the best medical care available. So blessed we are only a car ride away also.
Right now in our country, people are dealing with so much devastation, from the flooding in Texas and now with the hurricane getting ready to hit Florida. I have my mother, sister, two nieces and their families preparing for hurricane Irma. Praying they stay safe. I told them get on a plane, come to Mass., but stubborn pollocks, they are staying..
Sending prayers to Florida, Lord keep them safe.
Strength in a Heartbeat, Diary of a Heart Transplant
Read our personal journey on the heart transplant list